The next DLC for ESO is coming in August and it’s called Horns of the Reach.
Horns of the Reach is a small dungeon-based DLC which contains the following.
- Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold Group Dungeons.
- New item sets including two new Monster Masks.
- New achievements, boss collectibles, and titles.
- Complete all Horns of the Reach achievements to earn exclusive costumes and a new dye.
Falkreath is under siege, and it soon will fall to the Minotaurs and their Reachmen allies. Falkreath Hold, one of the two new dungeons found in the Horns of the Reach DLC game pack, pits you and your team against the hordes of the Dreadhorn Clan in a desperate attempt to save the city.
After completing both Falkreath Hold and Bloodroot Forge on Veteran difficulty, you’ll unlock the ability to purchase the Hakkvild’s High Hall home with gold. This new Nord-styled manor gives you a perfect view of the town you just saved. If you have not completed the dungeon, you can still purchase it with crowns in the in-game Crown Store.
All PC and Mac players who purchase the Digital Upgrade version of the Morrowind Expansion will have the option to begin their adventures in Vvardenfell a little early on Monday, May 22!
This means you’ll be able to play the full game on the live megaservers beginning on May 22 and will retain all progression when the game officially launches in June.
This offer is available for players who purchase the Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade versions of ESO: Morrowind for PC/Mac any time prior to launch.
Check out this article from ZOS to get access to the early launch date.
The Morrowind Patch (ESO 3.0) is now on the Public Test Server. To test it out you’ll need to be on a PC/Mac client and agree to the non-disclosure agreement before you can join. This means that you can’t share your experiences on the PTS with the public. To test out the Morrowind Expansion you will need to be invited to the closed beta program.
You can read the full patch notes on the official forums, and we have a summary for you below.
ESO Chapter: Morrowind
Morrowind is the first Chapter (Expansion) for The Elder Scrolls Online. You will need to buy the Chapter to have access to Morrowind, even if you have ESO Plus.
The fate of the island of Vvardenfell hangs in the balance and needs a hero to help Vivec, the legendary warrior-poet god, who suffers from a mysterious illness.
Travel to the volcanic island of Vvardenfell and explore a land of Dark Elves, Living Gods, and bizarre creatures as adventurers from every alliance answer Lord Vivec’s call. An ominous prophecy and an insidious plot threaten all of Vvardenfell—can you save the island from a looming disaster? Wander the harsh landscape as an emissary for Lord Vivec, performing missions for the Great Houses, delving into mysterious ruins, and meeting unique challenges head-on in the shadow of the rumbling Red Mountain. The fate of Morrowind rests in your hands!
New Class: The Warden
Wardens have a strong set of abilities focused on supporting their allies, but they can also focus their skill selection and morphs on solo combat. If you like to take hits, deal damage, or heal, this class is for you. Wardens are able to summon icy barriers to protect their allies, sprout healing plants to restore them, and command a savage grizzly to attack their enemies. This versatile class uses the power of Y’ffre’s blessing to help deal with any situation.
The Warden Class Skills
Battlegrounds are fast-paced, small-scale PVP zones designed for three teams of four players. Alliance affiliation doesn’t matter in this new PVP mode, so feel free to play with or against your friends and foes from Cyrodiil! To get into the fight quickly, simply open your Activity Finder, navigate to the Battlegrounds option, and queue.
There are three maps which get selected randomly.
- Foyada Quarry: Solid ground and lava pools play a key role in this open field battleground.
- Ald Carac: An ancient Dwemer site recently excavated which offers close quarter battles and tight spaces.
- Ularra: This overgrown Daedric site still resonates with ancient portals.
One of three game modes will be chosen at random when going into a Battleground.
- Team Deathmatch: Get points for killing other player characters! This game mode also features Sigils of Power that spawn randomly during the match.
- Capture the Flag: Grab the enemy relic and bring it back to yours, but your relic must be safe at home to capture an enemy’s relic.
- Domination: Land grab at its purest. There are four capture points to battle over to earn points.
When a Battleground ends, you’ll earn rewards based on whether your team came in first, second or third. Rewards include items, gold, XP and Alliance Points.
Note: All Battlegrounds currently restrict Champion Points.
New Public Dungeons
Help Neramo the scholar uncover the secrets of Nchuleftingth and prevent an unscrupulous ruins robber from plundering ancient Dwarven technology. Explore the Ashlands in the east to uncover this Dwemer ruin.
On the northern coast, enter the Forgotten Wastes to explore ancient Dark Elf ruins and solve a murder mystery while dealing with evil cultists intent on resurrecting a long-lost Dunmer House.
New Trial: Halls of Fabrication
Through a mysterious twist of fate, an anomalous rift to a strange realm has opened beneath the freshly-grown tower of Tel Fyr, spilling eerily life-like automata into the world. Left unchecked, these machines threaten to subsume everything on the surface into their alien mechanical paradigm. Brave souls are needed to go beyond the rift and find the source of these dangerous machines and stop them from converting Tamriel into their own image. Joining forces with the renowned wizard and planar traveler, Divayth Fyr, you must overcome the unknown beyond the rift and be the first living souls to tread into the Halls of Fabrication.
- Halls of Fabrication is a 12-player Trial located in Morrowind, and features a Normal version in addition to a challenging Veteran version!
- There are unique item sets available only within Halls of Fabrication which grant unique, group-based PvE bonuses.
New Item Sets
There are three item sets available at crafting stations in Vvardenfell.
- Assassin’s Guile
- Daedric Trickery
There are three item sets available as drops throughout Vvardenfell.
- War Maiden
There are four item sets available as drops in the new Trial, Halls of Fabrication.
- Automated Defense
- Inventor’s Guard
- Master Architect
- War Machine
There are five item sets available as rewards in the new PvP Battlegrounds.
- Coward’s Gear
- Knight Slayer
- Impregnable Armor
- Vanguard’s Challenge
- Wizard’s Riposte
With this update comes a lot of changes to the base game which will apply even if you don’t get the Morrowind Expansion.
- The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points for a maximum of 630 Champion Points.
- The Champion System has undergone significant rebalancing in this update.
- The experience needed to level from 1 to 50 has been adjusted. The earlier levels now require less experience to obtain, while later levels will require more.
- The rewards from Cyrodiil, including leaderboards rewards and Rewards for the Worthy, have been improved.
- ESO Plus members will now automatically receive twice the banking inventory slots.
- With the release of Morrowind and The Warden class, we’ve added two more character slots up for sale in the Crown Store.
- You can now enable buff and debuff trackers!
- Some significant changes to resource recovery are being made.
For a full list of the patch notes visit the official forums thread.