Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Main Role: Damage
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: Destruction Staff
Nightblade SkillCrippling Grasp
Nightblade SkillSwallow Soul
Destruction Staff SkillElemental Blockade
Mages Guild SkillInner Light
Mages Guild SkillShooting Star
Weapon 2: Destruction Staff
Nightblade SkillMerciless Resolve
Nightblade SkillSap Essence
Nightblade SkillTwisting Path
Nightblade SkillSiphoning Attacks
Mages Guild SkillInner Light
Nightblade SkillSoul Harvest
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
x5 Scathing Mage (3 jewelry + 2 armor pieces)
x5 Master Architect (4 armor pieces + 1 Lightning Staff back bar)
x1 Ilambris/Grothdarr/Infernal Guardian
x1 The Maelstrom's Inferno Staff
- All armor pieces with Maximum Magicka glyphs
- All Jewelry with Spell Damage glyphs
- Master Architect Lightning Staff back bar with Weapon & Spell Damage glyph
- All armor pieces with Divines Trait
- Front bar and Back bar weapons with Sharpened trait
This is the gear setup that I use. Of course, this can be tweaked to suit you and/or if you don't have everything for this exact setup. For example, you may give up the one piece of the monster set for another piece of Scathing or Master Architect, especially if you don't have a Master Architect Lightning Staff. The purpose for the Master Architect Lightning Staff is to just have the 5 piece bonus of Master Architect on our back bar with Soul Harvest. The main strength of the build is the usage of Soul Harvest to proc the Major Slayer buff from Master Architect.
Altmer or Dunmer
- Use Blue Max Health and Max Magicka Food.
- Optional: use Essence of Spell Power Pots.
- You may swap out Inner Light on the back bar for Harness Magicka for fights that have a lot of incoming damage
- You may also swap out Sap Essence for Harness Magicka for high incoming damage fights, single target and for a potion buff playstyle.
Step 1: Merciless Resolve > Siphoning Attacks > Bar Swap
Step 2: Inferno Heavy Attack > Crippling Grasp > Light Attack > Blockade > Light Attack > Swallow Soul > Light Attack > Swallow Soul > Bar Swap
Step 3: Light Attack > Twisting Path > Light Attack > Assassin's Will > Soul Harvest (if available)
- For Execute Phase, only use Blockade and Impale. Use Soul Harvest if it's available.
- Start with Shooting Star for Boss fights or big pulls if you have it up before then.
- Why a Lightning Staff?
We have two big damage skills that are AOE for all fights including single target boss fights. Equipping a Lightning Staff along with a Destruction ability slotted, hence Elemental Rage, boosts all AOE damage by 8%. Boosting Sap Essence's damage is also a plus.
- Tip: Nightblades are the absolute best when it comes to Ultimate Generation. They can dish out more ultimates in a short period of time than any other class, especially with this Ultimate setup of Shooting Star and Soul Harvest. These two ultimates work amazing together. Shooting Star generates ultimate of each enemy hit and Soul Harvest generates ultimate for each enemy killed while the ability is slotted. For a big pull of mobs/adds, if you start off with a Shooting Star then switch to the back bar with Soul Harvest you'll generate ultimate for all those mobs that we're hit and killed. Plenty of times, you'll have another Shooting Star ready to go after each pull. Nightblades can also gain 20 ultimate every time they drink a potion. Very useful to drink a potion after using an ultimate to get a headstart for the next ultimate drop.
Champion Point Tips
- The Apprentice: 56 Elemental Expert, 40 Elfborn, 5 Spell Erosion
- The Atronach: 28 Master-at-Arms, 6 Staff Expert
- The Ritual: 75 Thaumaturge
- The Tower: 37 Warlord
- The Lover: 75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
- The Shadow: 23 Tumbling
- The Steed: 37 Ironclad
- The Lady: 75 Hardy, 75 Elemental Defender, 16 Thick Skinned
- The Lord: 7 Quick Recovery