Magicka Vampire Nightblade 30k+ DPS (PvE)
Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Main Role: Damage
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: Destruction Staff
Nightblade SkillCrippling Grasp
Nightblade SkillSwallow Soul
Nightblade SkillMerciless Resolve
Destruction Staff SkillElemental Blockade
Mages Guild SkillInner Light
Mages Guild SkillShooting Star
Weapon 2: Destruction Staff
Nightblade SkillSiphoning Attacks
Nightblade SkillSap Essence
Nightblade SkillTwisting Path
Mages Guild SkillInner Light
Destruction Staff SkillElemental Rage
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
Wear 5 light, 1 heavy and 1 medium armor piece for Undaunted and Armor passives.
I put few suggestions of gear for MagBlades. If you are low level CP and it's difficult for you to finish vet White Gold Tower for Kena Mask, or vet Maelstrom Arena for Inferno Staff, you can replace those sets with others which can be aquired in easier and faster way.
You can use Twice-Born Star instead of Julianos, and as a second Mundus Stone you should take The Shadow (increases your critical strike damage).
You should go with full Divines traits and Max Magicka Glyphs on all armor parts, for jewelry use Spell Damage Glyphs.
2x Kena + 5x Julianos + 3x Willpower + 1x Maelstrom Inferno Sharpened Staff
1x Kena + 5x Julianos + 5x Scathing Mage
No Monster Set:
3x Torug's Pact + 5x Julianos + 3x Willpower
- Nerien'eth (monster set)
- Grothdarr (monster set)
- Moondancer (trial set)
- Infallible Aether (trial set)
- Elegant (overland set)
- Spinner's (overland set)
- Mother's Sorrow (overland set)
- Treasure Hunter (overland set)
- Martial Knowledge (overland set)
If you have more than 50% Spell Critical, you should go with Sharpened instead of Precise trait on weapons.
You can use 2 sharpened swords on one bar instead of 1 destro staff as well, for one extra set piece bonus.
As weapon glyph use Weapon Damage Glyph.
I play as a Dunmer (increased max magicka and flame damage), but you can go with Altmer (increased max magicka, magicka recovery and flame damage) or Breton (increased max magicka and reduced cost of abilities) if you like.
All points goes to Magicka. If you feel that this amount of Health is not enough for you, or you have problems with survivability, you can put tri-stat Glyphs on few armor slots (so you can get more health and you don't lose too much magicka)
About abilities on bars:
1. Crippling Grasp - good single target DoT ability
2. Swallow Soul - your main spamable skill, cheap and gives you good heals in hard situations
3. Merciless Resolve - should be active all the time, and used as Assassin's Will
4. Blockade of Fire - good AoE ability, deals additional damage to burnig enemies (see both ultimates)
5. Siphoning Attacks - as long as you remember about this buff you don't need to worry about running out of magicka
6. Sap Essence - increases spell damage by 20%, also good spamable skill for trash mobs
7. Impale - hits like a truck on targets below 25% health
8. Twisting Path - big area and good damage when used with Blockade of Fire at the same time
9. Inner Light - must have for magicka DPS, gives you additional max magicka and spell critical raiting
10. Shooting Star - good ultimate for single targets
11. Fiery Rage - Overpowered ultimate, your must have for many targets
Abilities that you can replace if you like :
- Swallow Soul with Funnel Health
(Funnel Health is better for group content, but I stopped using it after it has been nerfed)
- Sap Essence with Proximity Detonation
(I prefer Sap Essence because of spell damage buff, healing and no cast time)
- Shooting Star with Soul Harvest
(good, cheap and fast ultimate for "smaller" targets)
I advice you to stay on Stage 2 of Vampirism for additional 10% magicka and stamina regen for group content like dungeons and trials. Higher or lower stages of vampirism doesn't give you any usueful advantages for this content.
About Food and Potions:
Use blue 150CP Max Magicka + Max Health food, and Spell Power potions.
I don't want to post my exact rotation because it depends of what type of content I am playing and in what situation currently I am. Play as you like, but remember about two things:
- If you are using Kena try to have Overkill activated as often as it's possible
- Averytime when you use light attacks remember about Siphoning Attacks (magicka restoration) and Assassin's Will as well
Animation cancelling should be your friend :)
With this build you should get:
+/- 43k max magicka
+/- 2.5k unbuffed, and 3.6k buffed spell damage
+/- 10k spell penetration
+/- 66% spell critical
This build may be not good for veteran Maelstrom Arena and PvP.
Whisper me in game @Helvete999 (PC EU) for any questions, advices or complaints :D
Champion Point Tips
About Champion Points:
Elemental Expert - 100
Elfborn - 57
Thaumaturge - 30
Arcanist - 100
Magician - 87
Hardy - 76
Elemental Defender - 76
Light Armor Focus - 5
Spell Shield - 30
The Mage - you can put more points into Elfborn and less in Thaumaturge if you like.
The Thief - you can go with 87 Arcanist and 100 Magician as well.
The Warrior - you can put some points into Quick Recovery ( for example if you use Funnel Health instead of Swallow Soul).