The immortal Assassin
Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Main Role: Damage
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: Dual Wield
Nightblade SkillReaper's Mark
Nightblade SkillLeeching Strikes
Vampire SkillAccelerating Drain
Dual Wield SkillBloodthirst
Nightblade SkillKiller's Blade
Nightblade SkillIncapacitating Strike
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
A cheap and cheerful choice for this build is:
5 way of the fire set pieces (heavy chest and legs + 2 rings and necklace.)
5 Shadow of the Red Mountain set pieces (Medium waist, gloves, feet and 2 daggers/bow)
2 Stormfist set (or similar medium monster mask sets.)
Aim to get your weapons to legendary and your armor to at least epic.
Precise or sharpened on the daggers/bow and divines on all armor pieces.
Pick either the thief or shadow mundus stones. The shadow increases critical damage and the thief increases crit chance.
These sets add stamina, weapon damage, crit chance and very easily procced armor abilities that do 4000 and 8000 flame damage respectively. The monster mask set also adds a powerful AoE ability that does 13000 over 3 seconds.
As you can imagine, this build is all about doing tons of burst damage to single targets as fast as possible, while allowing for major Aoe and DoT with your bow. Aim for around 50% crit chance then pump the rest of your stats into weapon penetration, weapon damage and crit damage.
This build is pretty straight forward to use. Ability rotation is Reaper's Mark->bloodthirst->Killers blade to finish, while weaving light attacks between skills. This combo works for single targets, and it's best to keep leeching strikes active for stamina regain and health. (Reapers mark also heals for 60% max health and bloodthrist heals for a % of damage done on final attack so this really helps add to survivability.) Accelerating drain is there for a quick stun and heal if needed.
The second ability bar is all about AoE/DoT for clearing out large groups of trash mobs. Start with twisting path and endless hail, then either acid spray or power extraction depending on enemy distance. Manifistation of terror is your CC if things go awry. The choice of which terror morph to use is yours. One makes 2 traps that enemies need to trigger by walking over but it effects more mobs than the other version, which instantly causes fear on surrounding enemies. Both have their own merits and the trap morph can sometimes be situational. (Enemies not triggering it can be a pain)
A few handy potions to have on hand are as follows:
- tri stat elixir of health (restore health, magicka and stamina immeadiately plus more over several seconds)
can be made with Columbine + Lady's Smock + Mountain Flower.
- Bi stat elixir of invisibilty (turns invisible and restores health)
Can be made with Blue Entoloma + Mountain Flower + Namira's Rot.
- Tri stat elixir of weapon power (weapon damage, weapon crit and movement speed)
Can be made with Blessed Thistle + Dragonthorn + Namira’s Rot.
A word of advice is to get the medicinal use passive from alchemy. (Need a total level of 47 in alchemy to get rank 3) This extends potion effects by 30%.
Reccomended food buffs are ragout meals that increase health and stamina for 1 hour.
Kwarma Egg Omelet: Made with Poultry + Carrots + Cheese
Breten Bubble-and-Squeak: Made with Game + Greens + FLour
Silverside Perch Pudding: Made with Fish + Beets + Millet
+ Easy to use build.
+ Good DPS output.
+ Good survivability. Most delves, dungeons, public dungeons etc. can be soloed.
+ Cheap to put together. Way of the fire and red mountain sets are plentiful and fairly cheap to buy/easy to get.
- Jack of all trades build so it doesn't really excel at anything.
- Stamina can drain fairly rapidly.
- Designed for solo play, so not great for pvp.
Champion Point Tips
In the mage Constellation:
- The ritual tree is best to invest your points into, especially precise strikes for higher crit damage. You can also get mighty for up to 25% more physical/poison/disease damage. You might also want to get piercing, which adds damage penetration. Other options include melee weapon/bow expert in the atronach tree.
In the thief constellation:
- In the lovers tree, max out mooncalf. this gives a 25% bonus to stamina recovery. For other points, tenacity is quite useful as it increases the amount of stamina recovered from heavy attacks. Warlord in the tower tree is also useful as it reduces skills stamina costs by up to 16%. (This build needs a LOT of stamina!)
In the warrior constellation:
- Medium armor focus in the steed tree is what I'd reccomend spending your points in first. Quick recovery in the lord tree is another good option, giving you up to 16% more healing from any source. Hardy and elemental defender are also good choices as they reduce physical and magical damage respectively, up to 25%.