Dark Brotherhood: First Look
ZOS has released a first-look video and new information about what to expect of the next DLC and patch – the Dark Brotherhood.
Shhh! We’re giving you a sneak peek at the next killer DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online, and you won’t want to miss it.
Your talent for homicide has been noticed, and an invitation has arrived—to join the Dark Brotherhood! You’ll visit the Gold Coast, the westernmost region of the old Empire, where you’ll find opportunity, intrigue … and murder.
As with our previous updates, Dark Brotherhood will come in two parts – the DLC game pack, and the base game patch. This is a brief summary of what you can expect in each. We’ll be going into more detail about the DLC game pack and base-game patch very soon including the release dates, price, and deep-dive articles.
Dark Brotherhood Content
- Join the Dark Brotherhood and become an assassin for hire.
- Visit the Gold Coast, available to characters of all levels, where you can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Lots of new and exciting story content and quests that will have you revisiting your favorite areas of Tamriel.
- New repeatable quest content involving Contracts and the Black Sacrament.
- New challenging Group Bosses and Delves to conquer.
- A new passive Skill Line exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood.
- New and unique costumes, motifs and item sets inspired by the deadly Dark Brotherhood.
Base Game Content
- The removal of Veteran Ranks.
- Poison-Making. For those who want to be especially nasty to their enemies.
- The ability to display nameplates for all characters.
- The ability for character name display for XBox One and PlayStation®4. This is instead of account name displayed currently.
- A new item locking feature to help prevent accidental deconstruction of your most valuable items.
- Improvements and new features to the Grouping Tool including a group ready check, vote-to-kick system, and updated queue timer.
- Tons of updates to the Crown Store including additional character slots, motif previews, and hats.
- Craft Bags for ESO Plus members.
- Improvements and adjustments to gear Traits.
- Sanctum Ophidia Trial scaling, rebalancing and the addition of a Normal and Veteran mode.
- Improvements to the balance of combat and gameplay abilities including the Fighters Guild Skill Line, Vampires and Stamina abilities.
As you can see there is quite a bit to take in. The base game changes especially are long-awaited. The removal of Veteran Ranks has been spoken about since launch. We didn’t expect to see a new system like Poison-Making in this patch either! It looks like Traits are going to be balanced as well which is nice.
This information comes from this article published on the official ESO site.