Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Main Role: Damage
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: Destruction Staff
Nightblade SkillCrippling Grasp
Nightblade SkillSiphoning Attacks
Nightblade SkillSwallow Soul
Nightblade SkillMerciless Resolve
Mages Guild SkillShooting Star
Weapon 2: Destruction Staff
Destruction Staff SkillElemental Blockade
Nightblade SkillTwisting Path
Soul Magic SkillSoul Splitting Trap
Mages Guild SkillDegeneration
Light Armor SkillHarness Magicka
Nightblade SkillSoul Harvest
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
Single Target vs AoE
- Single Target Fight: Use the new Spell Strategist set that can be obtained in Rewards of the Worthy or bought via Guildstore.
- AoE Fight: Keep using Mother's Sorrow. Spell Strategist is purely Single Target so it is not of much use in AoE fights.
- Twice-Born Star (Obtainable from 9 trait crafters, Craglorn) – Enables the use of two Mundus stones. Pair this with the Apprentice and Lover for decent results in damage. The extra Health and Stamina also make this a fantastic option for raid environments as well, where high damage and mechanics go out on the regular. The equalizations to Mundus stones have greatly nerfed this set’s overall DPS, but the survivability is why I suggest it.
- Moondancer (Obtainable from Maw of Lorkhaj) – A source of Minor Slayer, granting 5% damage boost in instanced PvE areas. It also boosts our Max Magicka. Upgrade to Master Architect.
- Infallible Aether (Obtainable from any Craglorn Trial) – Another source of Minor Slayer, and gives ~3.2% Spell crit instead of 1k Max Magicka.
- Mother’s Sorrow (Obtainable from Deshaan zone events) – This set offers a tremendous amount of Critical Strike rating, helping our DPS go up quite nicely. While it isn’t BiS, it comes VERY close, and comes as a BoE option.
- Spell Strategist: This is a very strong single target set. However, in AoE fights you better run Mother’s Sorrow for more AoE damage. Also, the Spell Strategist extra spell damage does not show on the character screenshot.
- Master Architect pairs well with Spell Strategist.
- Witchmother’s Potent Brew – Max Health, Magicka and Magicka Recovery
- Shadow – Increased Critical Damage
- Thief – Increased Spell Critical Chance
- Apprentice – Increased Spell Damage
Spell Power Potions (Spell Crit, Spell Damage, Magicka Restoration)
Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth
- Assassination: Master Assassin, Executioner, Pressure Points, Hemorrhage
- Shadow: Refreshing Shadows, Shadow Barrier, Dark Vigor, Dark Veil
- Siphoning: Catalyst, Magicka Flood, Soul Siphoner, Transfer
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Vampire (optional): Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order: Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
Replace Swallow Soul with Elemental Weapon when you do not need health regen. Keep in mind, if you want to get maximum dps you need a dynamic rotation.
Like always, start with pre-buffing Siphoning Attacks and Merciless Resolve.
Weapon Swap > Unstable Wall of Elements > LA > Twisting Path > LA > Soul-Splitting Trap > LA > Degeneration > Weapon Swap
LA > Siphoning Attacks (every 2nd rotation) > Merciless Resolve (every 2nd rotation) > LA > Crippling Gasp > LA > Swallow Soul x4 > Weapon Swap
- Keep up Twisting Path and use Spectral Bow from Merciless Resolve whenever it is ready. otherwise keep using LA > Swallow Soul
- From 25% and less you want to make sure to keep up Elemental Blockade, Twisting Path and Merciless Resolve and then use Impale instead of Swallow Soul
- When you activate your Ultimate, use 3x Swallow Soul, instead of 4x.
- In Execute after 25%, use Impale instead of Elemental Weapon.
Use Swallow Soul 3-4 times and activate Assassin’s Will when ready. Reapply your buffs, AOE-DOT skills. Once the enemy’s health drops below 25% stop using your spammable and start executing with Impale. Always keep DOTs-AOE skills-Debuffs-Buffs up.
LA= Light Attack
Champion Point Tips
100 Elemental Expert, 100 Elfborn, 100 Spell Erosion
16 Staff Expert
20 Shade, 11 Elusive
71 Arcanist, 40 Tenacity, 11 Mooncalf, 11 Healthy
70 Magician, 16 Warlord
11 Resistant, 11 Spell Shield
41 Hardy, 41 Elemental Defender, 29 Thick Skinned
11 Quick Recovery