Non-CP Dot MagDK
Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Main Role: Damage
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: Destruction Staff
Dragonknight SkillFlame Lash
Dragonknight SkillBurning Embers
Dragonknight SkillBurning Talons
Dragonknight SkillEngulfing Flames
Dragonknight SkillFerocious Leap
Weapon 2: Restoration Staff
Dragonknight SkillReflective Plate
Dragonknight SkillVolatile Armor
Restoration Staff SkillSteadfast Ward
Dragonknight SkillEmpowering Chains
Restoration Staff SkillLights Champion
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
5 Burning spellweave -> Burning Inferno staff(very important becasue 5-item buff doesn't go off when you change to 2nd weapon)
5 Shacklebreaker or 5 Innate Axiom or 5 Twice Born Star(all divine traits for this set, other sets go impenetrable)
Bloodspawn monster set
Perfect Mender's ward restoration staff or Willpower restoration staff
Potion: Essence of spell power
Food/drink: Clockwork Citrus Filet or Witchmother's potent brew
Race: Dunmer(extra stamina is really important) > Breton(Really tough) > Altmer
Mundus stone:Atronach(+Lord for Twice Born Star set)
Vampire: Yes because Stam builds is meta and they can only melt you through Dawnbreaker(white light blade). Best to keep at stage 3(Undead passive).
Aim: This build focus on giving as much DOT as possible. It gives them pressure as time goes by and you can end them with (fossilize + lash + power lash) or (leap + lash + power lash) or even (fossilize + leap + lash + power lash). The reason for always starting with fossilize is that they can't block if they didn't break free from the stun.
Tips for attack: (1) Better start with talon and force them to break; if they don't break from this -- lash them! In this way, you either give them Health Pressure or Stamina Pressure.
(2) Better use volatile armor when close enough to them, it has a DOT. You chain can bring you to Sorcerer even if he uses teleport when you are connected to him. That will waste his Magicka.
(3) Burning ember is your major healing when you are attacking. Remember who has that.
(4) Use engulfing flame and talon against invisible enemy. Don't give too much DOT at once if your enemy is a MagTemplar(he can easly cleanse your DOT) or a clever NightBlade who uses cloak at the right timing. Battle against them should take time. Be patient and out sustain them by NOT wasteing your Ultimate or other dmg on blocking or dodging target.
Tips for defence: (1) Talon is actually more of a defense skill because in ESO you can't turn your character when immoblized. This means many of the skill can not be cast to you if you get to the back of "talonned" enemy(they can't aim you) Use it every 2 secs against Stam build -- this will give them Stamina pressure, which is their major source of dmg -- limit their dmg. That is very important against werewolf because there is no werewolf skill to break free.
(2) Stamina is very important to MagDK because you don't have a lot of them and they can help you evade critical dmg if used wisely. Don't run if you can't use it to find a corner by running. Dodging and breaking free is very important and sometimes against insane burst dmg you have to use them both at once(especially against strong nightblade assassin).
(3) Use steadfast ward and light's champion for critical healing. Cauterize should be maintained when in group fight. Heavy attack of restoration staff is useful but there you should cc main dmg dealer instead of doing that when things get really ugly.
(4) Always use reflective plate("wings") to get out of immobilization. Don't waste your stamina. Wings is the core of your toughness. Have that when you dive right in.
(5) Block burst dmg if undodgable.
Weak spots: (1) You don't have an execution skill so that you rely heavily on cc and ultimate. Beware of big sword guys.
(2) This build is balanced but that means you cannot easily outburst anyone. Find the right timing.
(3) You hate skills that cleanse DOTs. Have to watch out for that.
Champion Point Tips