How To Get Item Sets With Update 12
Update 12 hits the live servers for PC/Mac on October 5 and XBox and PS4 get it on October 18. With it comes One Tamriel, one-on-one dueling, Weapon Ultimates and a bunch of changes to the way that you obtain item sets.
There are now several different types of sets including crafted sets, world (overland) sets, dungeon sets, Trial sets, arena sets, Monster Masks and PVP sets.
To view all of the sets and find out where they come from visit the Item Sets page.
Sets that are crafted by players don’t change at all with Update 12. In fact, there are no new crafted sets because there is no new DLC zone.
World (Overland) Sets
These are sets which drop in a specific zone of Tamriel. There are generally three different sets to a regular zone, one with light armor, one with medium armor and one with heavy armor. To get a full set, however, you’ll need to do different things.
- All mobs in the zone have a chance at dropping a green, blue or purple set item from one of the three sets of that zone. The higher your level, the higher the chance of getting a blue or purple quality item.
- Delve Bosses have an increased chance to drop waist or feet slot items.
- World Bosses have a 100% chance to drop a head, chest, legs or weapon slot item.
- Public Dungeon Bosses have a high chance of dropping a shoulder, hand or weapon slot item.
- Dolmens have a chance to drop jewelry items.
- Treasure Map Chests have a chance to drop jewelry items.
All sets which drop in the overland (which includes the zone, its Delves and World Bosses) are bind-on-equip and can be traded.
Sets which drop in Group Dungeons are all now bind-on-pickup and can only be traded with your group members before you exit the dungeon.
- Mini Bosses will drop either hand, waist or feet slot items.
- Bosses will drop head, chest, shoulder or leg slot items.
- The final Boss of the Group Dungeon will drop weapons and jewelry set pieces.
- Normal Mode Dungeons drop blue quality items.
- Veteran Mode Dungeons drop purple quality items.
Monster Masks / Shoulders
Monsters Masks and Shoulders are obtained through Veteran Mode Group Dungeons and Undaunted Pledges. These sets are made up of two items only, one head piece and one shoulder piece.
Monster Masks (Head Slot) will always drop from the final boss in a Veteran Mode Group Dungeon.
Monster Shoulders (Shoulder Slot) are only obtained through the Undaunted Pledge Chests. You can earn keys to these chests by completing daily Undaunted Pledges. You will always receive a Monster Shoulder with each chest.
Sets that drop in Trials are also bind-on-pickup and can’t be traded with other players.
- Normal Mode Trials drop blue quality items.
- Veteran Mode Trials drop purple quality items.
- The final boss on Veteran Mode will drop gold quality jewelry.
These sets either drop in, or are rewards of, Dragonstar Arena or Maelstrom Arena.
- Normal Mode drops blue quality items.
- Veteran Mode drops purple quality items.
There are a few different types of PVP sets with different way to obtain them.
Rewards for the Worthy
Rewards for the Worthy are mails that are automatically sent to your character for participating in PVP and gaining Alliance Points. There are a few sets which could be included with these mails.
The Cyrodiil Gear Vendors will continue to sell boxes containing a variety of set pieces.
Imperial City Tel Var Stones
When you kill mobs and players in the Imperial City you gain Tel Var Stones which can be used to purchase a variety of item sets from the Tel Var Merchants in the Imperial City Sewers.