News From ESO Live – The Year Ahead, PVP, Thieves Guild
Today (Jan 15) was the first ESO Live for 2016, Episode 31, which featured both Matt Frior (Director) and Brian Wheeler (PVP Design).
- Thieves Guild DLC coming to the Public Test Server in early February.
- Veteran Rank system removal confirmed to arrive with Dark Brotherhood DLC half way through 2016.
- Lots of PVP changes on the way – the ability to capture Imperial City districts, the ability to capture two new cities in Cyrodiil, new siege weapons and equipment and further tweaks to existing siege equipment.
- Crafting Bags coming as an exclusive ESO Plus bonus will grant the ability to carry unlimited crafting materials.
The Year Ahead
- Thieves Guild coming to PTS in February and maybe Live in early March.
- Dark Brotherhood coming half way through 2016. In this patch the removal of Veteran Ranks will happen too.
- Two more DLC for the last two quarters of the year.
- This year there is a focus on social aspects of ESO, so fixes for the Group Finder, better Guild tools, a Looking For Guild system and further improvements to cross-Alliance play.
- The Champion Point cap won’t be raised with the Thieves Guild DLC, but it might go up around 51 CP each DLC after that.
- Barber Shop (Race, Appearance, Gender, Class?) is still coming, but don’t expect it until half way through 2016.
- Crafting is going to be updated when Veteran Ranks are removed, maybe some new materials will arrive as well?
- They hope to increase many of the current item sets to VR16, but there is no ETA for this.
- The ability to buy extra character slots may come with Dark Brotherhood DLC.
- Some kind of universal crafting style material may come to the Crown Store.
You can read more about ESO in 2016 over at The Year Ahead For ESO.
- There is a lot of work going on to improve Cyrodiil server performance.
- A lot of work is going into siege equipment, some more siege equipment and improvements for existing siege weapons.
- The ability to capture towns or cities in Cyrodiil is coming.
- The ability to capture Imperial City districts is also in the works.
- Champion Point free PVP Campaign is coming, it will probably be a 30 day Campaign.
- The non-Vet Campaigns will all be CP free.
- They are still working and designing small scale PVP and arenas / duelling.
Watch ESO Live 31
You can watch Episode 31 of ESO Live right here.