Lizard of light. A stamina templar tank
Main Role: Tank
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: One Handed And Shield
One Hand And Shield SkillShielded Assault
One Hand And Shield SkillRansack
One Hand And Shield SkillHeroic Slash
One Hand And Shield SkillAbsorb Magic
Templar SkillSolar Prison
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
- Hatchling Shell. A cheap set that basically gives you around 5K HP bonus every 15 seconds and scales well with the champion passive bastion. Pick necklace, rings and 2 pieces of armor,
- Scourge harverster monster set: The proc is just amazing, gives you an additionnal HoT that is really not to be neglected. Pirate skeletton is also another possible option as you get a nice boost to both your physical and spell resistance, along with a nice proc. The healing reduction is not such a problem when all damage you take is reduced by 30%
- For the Set including weapon, shield, and 3 armor pieces, I like to go with a crafted one, because I like to pick my own style. If you don't care about your looks at all, some dungeon sets like Ebon are just great. If you want to go through crafting, depending on you crafting level the choices you have are:
- Twice born star: If you pick all your armor traits in divines the bonus from 2 mundus stones can be really huge.
- Since you are using Unstopable or shuffle, armor master is also nice and give you even more incentive to keep these buffs on
- If you can't get 9 traits crafted sets, you can also pick Noble's conquest, Whitestrakes reribution or Song of Lamae, they all do fine.
For the traits:
If you use twice born star, you will want divines on all armor pieces. Keep sturdy on your shield, Defending for your weapons.
If you do not use TBS, sturdy is your best option, but infused works well. You can also use 1 piece with impenetrable if you fear the rare crit a NPC can do. If you lack physical resistance, reinforced is not such a bad choice either. Finally if you think you could use more phisicall AND more spell resitance, you can always go for some nirnhoned pieces.
Armor: Stamina. Put some Life if you don't reach 28K buffed
Weapons: Glyph of hardening is my favorite
Jewelry: lots of options, pick what you feel you lack the most, I like to go with Shielding or spell resitence
Pretty straightforward tanking build for stamina templar intended for vet dungeans and trials, with the intention to take advantage of the multiple buffs and self heals the templar class skills provide.
Depending on what stuff you have access too and your final stats a few things can be tweaked regarding the skills:
- change Unstoppable to Shuffle (meduim armor skill) if you are reaching the cap in physical/ spell resitance to get 20% dodge instead
- Replace Breath of life with Vigor if you have the patience doing PvP,
- The slot for Heroic slash is the most circumstantial. Use this on bosses with mechanics able to one shot randolmly ( vet Banished cells1, vet Spinderclutch..) You can use Biting jabs for some AOE assitance, for trash packs or luminous shards if you want to assit your group with stam regen ( but be careful with your own magica, your pool is tight)
- You can swich spell wall for a Sturdy horn if you are brave enough to go on PVP to unlock it
Gameplay wise, from bar 2 cast Unstoppable, switch to bar 1, Charge and taunt, once settled on the positionning, switch to bar 2 and cast extended ritual and restoring focus. Keep them up all along the fight. Use radiant ward just before hard hitting mechanics and use Honor the Dead for the "oh shit" moments.
Switch back to bar 1 as soon as you buffed yourself
Your main ultimate will be the solar prison, reducing damage made by mobs by 30%, but Spell wall can be handy if you run out of stamina
Repentance will greatly help your stamina regen if corpses are around, and the absorb magic is mainly here for the passive boost to your damage blocking.
For the rest:
Race: I picked argonain due to the versatility of the passives for all the 3 stats and the nice bonus at received healing ( + argonians look awesome). You can also do fine with a Nord, Imperial or an Orc
Food: tri stats if you can aford it. Else, the worthgar max health + stam regen will work nicely
Mundus stone: Whatever suits best. As this is the buff you can modify at no cost and as often as you want, I would advise to pick it last depending on what you want to do and what stat you want to buff. You might want to consider extra HP, extra spell or health resistence or stamina regen
Potions: Health / Stamina potion works nice, with the argonain passives, the benefits will be even further extended.
Champion Point Tips
Hardy 60 / Elemental defender 60 / Thick Skinned 20 / Bastion 40 / Quick recovery 20
Warlord 90 / Magician 30 / Mooncalf 40 / Healthy 40
Blessed 80 / Mighty 40 / Precise Strikes 40 / Piercing 40