The Inferno Crusader – PVE Templar Tank (Updated for Dragonhold)
Main Role: Tank
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: One Handed And Shield
Templar SkillRadiant Ward
Fighters Guild SkillCircle of Protection
One Hand And Shield SkillPierce Armor
One Hand And Shield SkillHeroic Slash
Templar SkillRitual of Rebirth
One Hand And Shield SkillShield Discipline
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
PLEASE READ! THE FRONT BAR DISPLAYS CIRCLE OF PROTECTION, PLEASE MORHP IT TO TURN EVIL, I INTENDED TO PLACE THIS MORPH, BUT ESO ACADEMY DOES NOT HAVE TURN EVIL LISTED ON THE ABILITIES LIST, PLEASE USE THE TURN EVIL MORPH.
Armour: Heavy , Medium (Head) , Light (Shoulders) 
Gear - Beginner:
Armour - Fortified Brass 
Armour & Front/Back Bar - Torug's Pact (Head and Shoulders) 
Jewellery - Torug's Pact 
Gear - Endgame:
Armour - Brands of Imperium , Thurvokun 
Jewellery/Front Bar - Perfect Claw of Yolnakhriin 
Back Bar - Perfect Claw of Yolnakhriin  OR Stinging Slashes 
Armour - Prismatic Defense (Head, Chest, Pants) , Health 
Jewellery - Reduced Spell Cost (Necklace) , Shielding (Rings) 
Front Bar - Weakening (1H Weapon) , Prismatic Defense (Shield) 
Back Bar - Weakening (1H Weapon)  Absorb Stamina (1H Weapon) 
Armour - Reinforced (Chest) , Sturdy , Infused (Head and Pants) 
Jewellery - Triune 
Weapon Front Bar - Decisive (1H Weapon)  Infused (Shield) 
Weapon Back Bar - Infused (Dual 1H Weapons) 
Potion of Choice: Tri-Stat Potion
Food of Choice: Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce
Mundas Stone: The Lord (Increase max health)
DUNGEONS AND TRIALS SKILL ROTATION:
- Pre-buff with Radiant Ward
- Then taunt the enemy with Pierce Armour
- Then use Heroic Slash to enemy reduce movement speed, reduce enemy damage and faster ultimate regeneration.
- Then drop Restoring Focus for survivability and drop Turn Evil to give yourself and players within the AOE minor protection and minor endurance (Reducing damage taken by 8% and increasing Stamina recovery by 10%)
- You can also use repentance to convert dead NPCs or Players in your area into stamina and health, so tell your teammates to kill additional enemies ASAP for survivability.
- Use Ritual of Rebirth for Health sustain (BUT BEWARE Ritual of Rebirth is expensive to cast).
- Keep Radiant Ward, Restoring Focus and Turn Evil up at all times.
- Use Shield Discipline when you are in a Tight Spot (aka, about to DIE! or while taking damage while resurrecting a group member)
SKILL FLEX OPTION:
- You can replace Empowering Sweep with Aggressive Warhorn when doing dungeons and trials. Sound a war horn to rally your forces, increasing you and your allies' maximum Magicka and maximum stamina by 10% for 30 seconds. You and your allies gain major force, increasing your critical damage by 15% for 9 seconds.
- You can replace Biting Jabs with Inner Rage when doing dungeons and trials. Ignite the fires of hate in an enemy's heart, dealing 411 Magic Damage and taunting them to attack you for 15 seconds. A ranged ally targeting the taunted enemy has a 38% chance to activate the Radiate synergy, dealing 336 Magic Damage to them over 2 seconds then an additional 1090 Magic Damage to them and other nearby enemies.
- This ability is very situation since there are only a few times when you require a ranged taunt (i.e. Vashai and Skinrai boss fight in the Maw of Lorkhaj trial)
- Brands of Imperium: Increases your max health by 2412, increases healing received by 4%, and when you take damage you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield for 6 seconds that absorbs 12040 damage. 15-second cooldown.
- Ebon Armoury: Increases your max health by 3530, increases Healing received by 4%and increase the max health for 11 group members by 1118 within 28 meters of you.
- Plague Doctor: Increases your Max Health by 5412, and your healing received by 4%.
- Akaviri Dragonguard: Adds 129 Magicka recovery, increase healing received by 4%, increase max health by 1206, and reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 15%.
- Eternal Warrior: Adds 8% healing taken, grants minor aegis at all times reducing damage taken by Trial/Dungeon monsters by 5%, increase max health by 1206, and when you drop below 25% health in combat, you heal for 12500 health and gain 100 ultimate. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.
- Roar of Alkosh: Adds 883 weapon critical, adds 129 weapon damage, grants minor slayer increasing damage against Trial/Dungeon enemies by 5%, and when you activate a synergy, you do 1720 AOE physical damage and an additional 12040 physical damage over 10 seconds. Reduces the physical and spell resistance of any enemy hit by 3010 for 10 seconds.
- Claw of Yolnakhriin: Increases max health by 1206, increases max stamina by 1096, grants minor Aegis reducing damage taken by Trial/Dungeon enemies by 5%. When you taunt an enemy, give yourself and 11 group members Minor Courage for 15 seconds, increasing Spell and Weapon Damage by 129. 8-second cooldown.
- 'Perfect' Claw of Yolnarkhriin: Increases max health by an additional 1206 (making the set give a bonus of 2412 health total)
- Blood Spawn: Adds 129 stamina recovery, and when you take damage, you have a 6% chance to generate 14 Ultimate and increase your physical and spell resistance by 6450 for 6 seconds. 6-second cooldown.
- Thurvokun: Increases max health by 1206, and when a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. 8-second cooldown
- Lord Warden: Adds 2975 physical, adds 2975 spell resistance, and when you take damage, you have a 50% chance to summon a shadow orb for 10 seconds that increases the physical and spell resistance of you and your allies within 8 meters by 3870. 10-second cooldown.
- Stinging Slashes: Increases the bleed damage Twin Slashes deals by 1600 each tick.
'Perfect' vs 'Imperfect' Gear:
- While the Perfect versions of gear are superior to the Imperfect counterparts, if you don't feel up to completing Veteran Trials to get the Perfect variants of gear, you can easily settle for the Imperfect variants as they are still very good sets.
FOR PLAYERS WHO USE WEREWOLF:
- Replace Empowering Sweep with your Werewolf Ultimate (Werewolf Berserker Morph)
- Werewolf Skills
- Brutal Pounce
- Hircine's Rage
- Howl of Despair
- Deafening Roar
- Claws of Life
- Werewolf Skills
- PLAY WHATEVER YOU WANT TO PLAY! But if you really care about Min-Maxing for races and builds, then Nord or Argonian are the best races for this Build. But honestly, it doesn't really matter for general gameplay.
Thanks to Alcast for the PVE Templar Tank Build, that has been the main inspiration for this build, (recommend you check him out!)
Champion Point Tips
- Ritual: N/A
- Atronach: 47 Physical Weapons Expert, 73 Master-at-Arms
- Apprentice: 100 Blessed, 48 Elfborn, 2 Spell Erosion
- Shadow: 81 Shadow Ward, 61 Tumbling
- Lover: 43 Tenacity
- Tower: 56 Warlord, 21 Bashing Focus, 8 Sprinter
- Lord: 18 Bastion, 12 Heavy Armour Focus
- Lady: 56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
- Steed: 72 Ironclad