The Inferno Crusader – PVE Templar Tank (Updated for Scalebreaker)
Main Role: Tank
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: One Handed And Shield
Templar SkillRadiant Ward
One Hand And Shield SkillPierce Armor
One Hand And Shield SkillHeroic Slash
Templar SkillRitual of Rebirth
One Hand And Shield SkillShield Discipline
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
Armour: Heavy , Medium (Head) , Light (Shoulders) 
Gear - Beginner:
Armour - Fortified Brass 
Armour & Front/Back Bar - Torug's Pact (Head and Shoulders) 
Jewellery - Torug's Pact 
Gear - Endgame:
Armour - Brands of Imperium , Thurvokun 
Jewellery/Front Bar - Perfect Claw of Yolnakhriin 
Back Bar - Perfect Chaotic Whirlwind 
Armour - Prismatic Defense (Head, Chest, Shoulders) , Health 
Jewellery - Reduced Spell Cost (Necklace) , Shielding (Rings) 
Front Bar - Weakening (1H Weapon) , Prismatic Defense (Shield) 
Back Bar - Crushing (1H Weapon)  Absorb Stamina (1H Weapon) 
Armour - Reinforced (Chest) , Sturdy , Infused (Head and Shoulders) 
Jewellery - Infused (Necklace)  Triune (Rings) 
Weapon Front Bar - Decisive (1H Weapon)  Infused (Shield) 
Weapon Back Bar - Infused (Dual 1H Weapons) 
Potion of Choice: Tri-Stat Potion
Food of Choice: Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce
Mundas Stone: The Lord (Increase max health)
DUNGEONS AND TRIALS SKILL ROTATION:
- Pre-buff with Radiant Ward
- Then taunt the enemy with Pierce Armour
- Then use Heroic Slash to enemy reduce movement speed, reduce enemy damage and faster ultimate regeneration.
- Then drop Restoring Focus for survivability. You can also use repentance to convert dead NPCs or Players in your area into stamina and health, so tell your teammates to kill additional enemies ASAP for survivability.
- Use Ritual of Rebirth for countering Debuffs and Health sustain (BUT BEWARE Ritual of Rebirth is expensive to cast).
- Use Spell Symmetry to restore Magicka and to reduce the cost of your next Magicka ability, I recommend to spend it on either Radiant Ward or Ritual of Rebirth. (BUT BEWARE, this ability costs Health to cast)
- Keep Radiant Ward and Restoring Focus up at all times.
- Use Shield Discipline when you are in a Tight Spot (aka, about to DIE! or while taking damage while resurrecting a group member)
SKILL FLEX OPTION:
- If you don't feel comfortable exchanging Health for Magicka, you can replace Spell Symmetry with Deep Thoughts (Requires Summerset DLC). This skill will restore Stamina, Health, and Magicka, and will only stop if the channel is interrupted or you toggle it off.
- You can also replace Spell Symmetry with Extended Ritual (If you don't own Summerset OR can't be bothered to grind the Psijic Skill line). It will Remove all Debuffs from yourself and allies when cast, as well as offering some small healing over time.
- You can replace Rend with Aggressive Warhorn when doing dungeons and trials. Sound a war horn to rally your forces, increasing you and your allies' maximum Magicka and maximum stamina by 10% for 30 seconds. You and your allies gain major force, increasing your critical damage by 15% for 9 seconds.
- You can replace Biting Jabs with Inner Rage when doing dungeons and trials. Ignite the fires of hate in an enemy's heart, dealing 411 Magic Damage and taunting them to attack you for 15 seconds. A ranged ally targeting the taunted enemy has a 38% chance to activate the Radiate synergy, dealing 336 Magic Damage to them over 2 seconds then an additional 1090 Magic Damage to them and other nearby enemies.
- This ability is very situation since there are only a few times when you require a ranged taunt (i.e. Vashai and Skinrai in the Maw of Lorkhaj trial)
Armour (Chest, Pants, Gloves, Boots & Belt):
- Brands of Imperium: Increases your max health by 2412, increases healing received by 4%, and when you take damage you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield for 6 seconds that absorbs 12040 damage. 15-second cooldown.
- Ebon Armoury: Increases your max health by 3530, increases Healing received by 4%and increase the max health for 11 group members by 1118 within 28 meters of you.
- Plague Doctor: Increases your Max Health by 6412, and your healing received by 4%.
- Akaviri Dragonguard: Adds 129 Magicka recovery, increase healing received by 4%, increase max health by 1206, and reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 15%.
- Roar of Alkosh: Adds 883 weapon critical, adds 129 weapon damage, grants minor slayer increasing damage against Trial/Dungeon enemies by 5%, and when you activate a synergy, you do 1720 AOE physical damage and an additional 12040 physical damage over 10 seconds. Reduces the physical and spell resistance of any enemy hit by 3010 for 10 seconds.
- Claw of Yolnakhriin: Increases max health by 1206, increases max stamina by 1096, grants minor Aegis reducing damage taken by Trial/Dungeon enemies by 5%. When you taunt an enemy, give yourself and 11 group members Minor Courage for 15 seconds, increasing Spell and Weapon Damage by 129. 8-second cooldown.
- 'Perfect' Claw of Yolnarkhriin: Increases max health by an additional 1206 (making the set give a bonus of 2412 health total)
- Blood Spawn: Adds 129 stamina recovery, and when you take damage, you have a 6% chance to generate 14 Ultimate and increase your physical and spell resistance by 6450 for 6 seconds. 6-second cooldown.
- Thurvokun: Increases max health by 1206, and when a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. 8-second cooldown
- Lord Warden: Adds 2975 physical, adds 2975 spell resistance, and when you take damage, you have a 50% chance to summon a shadow orb for 10 seconds that increases the physical and spell resistance of you and your allies within 8 meters by 3870. 10-second cooldown.
- Chaotic Whirlwind: When you deal damage with Whirlwind, you add 10 seconds to your active Twin Slashes, Lacerate, and Blade Cloak over time effects. This effect can occur once per cast of those abilities.
- 'Perfect' Chaotic Whirlwind: When you deal damage with Whirlwind, you add 12 seconds to your active Twin Slashes, Lacerate, and Blade Cloak over time effects. This effect can occur once per cast of those abilities.
'Perfect' vs 'Imperfect' Gear:
- While the Perfect versions of gear are superior to the Imperfect counterparts, if you don't feel up to completing Veteran Trials to get the Perfect variants of gear, you can easily settle for the Imperfect variants as they are still very good sets.
FOR PLAYERS WHO USE WEREWOLF:
- Replace Empowering Sweep with your Werewolf Ultimate (Pack Leader Morph)
- Werewolf Skills
- Brutal Pounce
- Hircine's Rage
- Howl of Despair
- Deafening Roar
- Claws of Life
- Werewolf Skills
- PLAY WHATEVER YOU WANT TO PLAY! But if you really care about Min-Maxing for races and builds, then Nord or Argonian are the best races for this Build. But honestly, it doesn't really matter for general gameplay.
Thanks to Alcast for the PVE Templar Tank Build, that has been the main inspiration for this build, (recommend you check him out!)
Champion Point Tips
- Ritual: N/A
- Atronach: 47 Physical Weapons Expert, 73 Master-at-Arms
- Apprentice: 100 Blessed, 48 Elfborn, 2 Spell Erosion
- Shadow: 81 Shadow Ward, 60 Tumbling
- Lover: 43 Tenacity
- Tower: 56 Warlord, 21 Bashing Focus, 9 Sprinter
- Lord: 18 Bastion, 12 Heavy Armour Focus
- Lady: 56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
- Steed: 72 Ironclad