Main Role: Damage
Health, Magicka, Stamina
Weapon 1: Dual Wield
Mages Guild SkillInner Light
Templar SkillPurifying Light
Templar SkillRadiant Oppression
Templar SkillBlazing Spear
Templar SkillBreath of Life
Mages Guild SkillShooting Star
Weapon 2: Restoration Staff
Assault SkillProximity Detonation
Templar SkillExtended Ritual
Restoration Staff SkillRapid Regeneration
Restoration Staff SkillCombat Prayer
Templar SkillSolar Prison
|Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor|
Gear and Item Set Info
- Worm’s Raiment Set (AKA Worm Cult)- We can now obtain VR16 version of this set via Maw of Lorkhaj on normal mode. This is the uber set for group utility, 5% reduced magicka for everyone (including you). It’s expensive and hard to get but worth it if you want Best in Slot (BiS) healer gear. Go with all divines traits if you can and I like one regeneration on my jewelry and two spell damage.
- Spell Power Cure – The second BiS setup due to its duration (now 10 seconds) and damage increase to your party. With these two sets combined, you will provide an absolute monster boost to your parties DPS and sustained giving you the name Battery.
- Torug’s Pact – Go with double swords for more spell damage alone with Precise traits for healing only (Nirn if you want to do DPS too).
- Maelstrom Staff – I like precise as well, just make sure you charge this a lot prior to each dungeon run as Rapid Regeneration will proc it a lot.
- Engine Guardian – Sustained and stamina matter greatly in Update 7 and I highly recommend considering Engine Guardian. Not only does it flood you with resources, but you can use the corpses as a free Repentance heal. Obtained by completing Darkshade Cavern Veteran mode final boss, and Shoulders through Undaunted pledges.
- Kagrenac’s Hope – 8 trait craftable set found in Fighter’s Guild Earth Forge (after completing story). This is soooo helpful I cannot begin to tell you the power that in IC, you get spell power for the five piece. I even use this as a DPS set and enjoy it’s benefits.
- Willpower Set – Monster magicka and spell damage comes from this set though it can be hard to find. Obtained through Veteran Dungeons and Treasure Vaults.
- Race Choice – 1) Breton for reduced cost and max magicka 2) High Elf for max magicka and recovery 3) Dunmer for max magicka and flexibility if you wanted to play something else.
- Werewolf or Vampire – I don’t see a point for either with this build, could you? Sure, but I don’t mess with it now.
- Attributes – Since our gear doesn’t have any added health, I put 10 points into health and the rest magicka with magicka glyphs. I like around 18k health or 20k but remember, more health you have, the less damage and healing you’ll do. There’s no point in a 40k health healer.
- Mundus Stone – I prefer the Thief for extra criticals. This works well if I switch to DPS as well. For pure healing potential, the Ritual is a great choice but it doesn’t effect our damage. Those struggling with resources should try the Atronach or the Mage.
- Food and Drink – Go bi-stat to get the most magicka as possible.
Champion Point Tips
I do a four way split between Elf Born (spell crit strength), Thuamaturge (DoT damage), Elemental Expert (flame and magic damage) and Blessed (healing). I do not go hog wild into Blessed and Elfborn because I’m offensive minded. Yes you can get 40k Breath of Lifes, but does anyone really have 40k health anyways? You have to kill bosses, not heal them.
I do 40/40/40 in Hardy, Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned with the left over points 47 into Quick Recovery. Is this the best setup? No idea but it works for me.
I do an even split between reduced cost and recovery (83/84). Some say to go heavy into reduced cost but when I try I don’t have the same sustained. This works for me.